A Locals Guide to the Top 5 Things To Do in Ft. Myers, FLA Local’s Guide to the Top 5 Things To Do in Ft. Myers, Florida
Your reservation is confirmed. Your bags are packed. All that’s left is the itinerary! Luckily, when you stay with Resort Harbour Properties you are staying in the heart of the excitement. The condos at Sanibel Harbour are the perfect middle ground to come back to after a day’s adventure around Ft. Myers. This guide is packed with local secrets, off the beaten path adventure, and stops you won’t find inside a tour book.
- Brunch at 10 Twenty Five in historic Downtown Ft. Myers featuring bottomless mimosas and a gastropub inspired menu. Insider tip: when the weather calls for outside dining, be sure to ask to be seated in their rooftop terrace. After brunch, stroll around the local shops. Downtown is a great place to pick up unique treasures to remember your time in Ft. Myers and Sanibel Island.
- Beach yoga with Becky each Saturday morning on Ft. Myers Beach during the months of November – May in an all-levels flow yoga class. Classes are typically early morning and a $10 donation is suggestion. Bring a mat or towel and join a yoga class the Florida way! You can find more information on her Facebook page: Beach Yoga on Ft. Myers Beach with Becky.
- Sunday afternoons should be spent waterfront with mojito in hand. That’s why we suggest grabbing a seat at Doc Ford’ Rum Bar and Grille at Ft. Myers Beach (the outside patio downstairs) on Sundays to enjoy waterfront live music and family fun! Music typically runs from 1pm – 4pm, be sure to try their famous mojito and Yucatan shrimp!
- Bar swings and Insta-worthy cocktails at Bimini Bait Shack. You don’t have to travel far for this local gem. Located at the opening of Sanibel Harbour, Bimini Bait Shack is a ship wreck inspired good time! Get there before the crowds to snag a swing seat at their fish tank bar. Order one of their signature souvenir cocktail cups and swing along to live music all afternoon.
- Weekly food truck rally at Ft. Myers Brewing. This stop is a 2 in 1. Not only will you visit one of the first breweries in Ft. Myers who’ve won top medals for multiple beers, you will also get to experience truly local flavor! Every Thursday beginning at 4pm the brewery hosts a variety of local food trucks that rotate weekly. Live music begins at 6:30pm.